PEUGEOT 308 NEWS
- Lower Regional Car Servicing Costs a Myth?
- Porsche tops Which? Car Survey top brand list
- New Mazda MX-5 crowned ‘most reliable new sportscar’ by Which?
- New Ford Transit Custom wins What Van? Top award
- New BMW 320d EfficientDynamics Saloon wins What Car? Green Car of the Year 2012
New Cars for 2008
- New Jaguar XF helps maker record annual sales boost in 2008
- New Audi A3 Black Edition – raring to go
- New Ford Fiesta - surge in fortune
- TV show names new Kia pro_cee’d as Car of the Year 2008
- New performance options available for Aston Martin 4.3 litre V8 Vantage
- New Nissan GT-R – all set for Europe
Peugeot’s mid-size family car, the new Peugeot 308, could help save drivers thousands of pounds by allowing them a choice in this model range.
For example, Peugeot has nine different versions of its popular new Peugeot 308 HDi diesel hatchback model bearing the Blue Lion standard, with CO2 emissions of just 120g/km (VED of £35 per year) and a combined fuel economy of 62.7mpg (potential range of 820 miles between fill ups), all helping to reduce costs now and in the future.
For company car drivers who choose one of these Blue Lion branded new Peugeot 308 HDi diesel models they will also see a saving in their Benefit in Kind taxation, following the introduction of the new 10% tax bracket for vehicles with CO2 emissions of 120g/km or below.
A lower rate company car tax payer will benefit from a reduction in their tax bill from £583 to £382 and those drivers paying tax at the higher 40% rate will see a reduction from £1059 to £765.
Peugeot UK’s managing director, Pierre Louis Colin, said: “Finding an affordable family car capable of accommodating five people with CO2 emissions of 120g/km or below is becoming a challenge for motorists.”
“It’s clear that the new Peugeot 308 HDi 90 and HDi 110 EGC models, all which bear the Blue Lion standard, provide a spacious family vehicle, that can return more than 60mpg and has a vehicle excise duty of only £35.
“With the new Peugeot 308 Urban HDi 90 starting at £14,145 on-the-road, this surely is good news for all motorists, reinforcing that they don’t have to compromise in the process of reducing their impact on the environment.”
View the latest 2015 PEUGEOT 308 Deals