FORD FOCUS NEWS
- New Ford Transit Custom wins What Van? Top award
- New BMW 320d EfficientDynamics Saloon wins What Car? Green Car of the Year 2012
- New Mazda MX-5 crowned Britain’s most reliable car by What Car?
- Kia wins Which? best car manufacturer crown
- New Suzuki Swift Sport wins What Car? ‘Best Buy’ award
- New Nissan Leaf charges though 10,000 European sales milestone
- Princess Diana’s Audi Quattro ready for auction
- New Audi models search out local fuel savings
- New BMW 3 Series range – a range hard to beat
- New Mazda6 takes the ‘Best Upper Medium’ prize at Fleet News Awards
- New Ford Focus ST rated Europe's top-selling hot hatch
Ford’s fastest-ever European production car, the new Ford Focus RS 2009, will be priced from £24,995 when it goes on sale in the UK in March. The new Ford Focus RS is the first Ford to wear the famous Rallye Sport badge since the first-generation Focus RS was launched seven years ago, and the 22nd since 1970.
RS denotes a distinctive blend of high performance, road-holding, refinement, safety and value for money, and reflects a proud tradition of successful motor sports involvement that continues to the present day.
Under the bonnet of the new Ford Focus RS is a turbocharged 2.5-litre, five-cylinder Duratec petrol engine, with a confirmed 305PS and 440Nm peak torque. Features include unique camshafts and a revised cylinder head and gasket, intake and manifold system.
Front-wheel-driven through a six-speed transmission, the Focus RS accelerates from 0-62mph in under six seconds and has a targeted top speed of over 160mph.
A class-leading balance of traction, sports handling and performance is achieved through the combination of a Quaife Automatic Torque Biasing limited-slip differential and innovative RevoKnuckle front-suspension system.
These features are complemented by a wider track, enhanced drive-shafts and rear anti-roll bar, revised springs and dampers and retuned steering, while a specially developed version of Ford’s Electronic Stability Programme (ESP) with Traction Assist (TA) provides added assurance.
Taking its place as the top-of-the-range Focus, the new Ford Focus RS will be immediately distinguishable on the road, with its unique bonnet, front bumper and side skirts. Also unique to the model are its 19-inch alloy wheels, shod with 235/35 tyres.
The standard price of the flagship new Ford Focus RS compares with £20,408 for the ST3, the existing top-of-the-range Focus.
View the latest 2013 FORD FOCUS Deals