FORD FOCUS NEWS
- New Ford Transit Custom wins What Van? Top award
- New BMW 320d EfficientDynamics Saloon wins What Car? Green Car of the Year 2012
- New Mazda MX-5 crowned Britain’s most reliable car by What Car?
- Kia wins Which? best car manufacturer crown
- New Suzuki Swift Sport wins What Car? ‘Best Buy’ award
- Princess Diana’s Audi Quattro ready for auction
- New Audi models search out local fuel savings
- New BMW 3 Series range – a range hard to beat
- New Mazda6 takes the ‘Best Upper Medium’ prize at Fleet News Awards
- New Ford Focus ST rated Europe's top-selling hot hatch
- Volvo joins hands with Spotify to launch in-dash voice-activate
What Car? judged the Ford Focus 1.6 Zetec Climate the best small family car in their Used Car of the Year 2009 awards.
The What Car? judging panel looked at running costs, reliability, drivability, quality, longevity and desirability.
The Ford Focus, the UK's top seller every year since its launch in 1998, was credited with "good fuel economy" and "a fine reputation for reliability".
Commenting on the practicality of the Ford Focus, What Car? said: "There's good head- and legroom in the front and back, and room for five people. The boot is a generous size and easy to load; fold down the rear seats and you can move masses of stuff."
What Car? judge James Gibson of British Car Auctions said: "The Ford Focus still drives better than anything in the class, and has good accommodation for family and their luggage. It's good all-round value with sensible running costs."
David Calder, Ford's medium car product manager, said: "With the recent increase in used car values this award recognises that the Ford Focus continues to offer value for money and economic motoring."
The What Car? Used Car of the Year 2009 small family car award went to the 2006 "06" registered five-door Ford Focus selling for around £6,400.
View the latest 2013 FORD FOCUS Deals