CITROEN C3 NEWS
- Porsche tops Which? Car Survey top brand list
- New Mazda MX-5 crowned ‘most reliable new sportscar’ by Which?
- New Ford Transit Custom wins What Van? Top award
- New BMW 320d EfficientDynamics Saloon wins What Car? Green Car of the Year 2012
- New Mazda MX-5 crowned Britain’s most reliable car by What Car?
New Cars for 2009
- Renault launches new van ‘Extra’ special editions
- New Peugeot 3008 – rising in numbers
- New Volkswagen Golf ‘R’ to benefit from Superchip’s new Golf GTi MkVI ECU remap
- Subaru tops in major crash test programme
- New Volkswagen Caravelle and California – ahead of its time
- New Toyota Land Cruiser - engineered to excel
In what should be a stunning display of ‘Créative Technologie’, every night for three months starting 22 October, a special 12-minute light show will take place on the Eiffel Tower, one minute for each decade the Eiffel Towers has stood in the heart of Paris.
At 8.00pm on 22 October, to mark the first of these displays, Citroen will be streaming live footage of the event from webcams mounted in 10 new Citroen C3s, which will be positioned at key vantage points around the tower itself.
The footage will be broadcast at www.toureiffel.citroen.com, and visitors to the site will be able to change viewpoints to take in the display from all angles.
As well as taking advantage of the new Citroen C3’s sensational ‘Zenith’ windscreen, the webcam pictures will be displayed in vertical 9:16 format - a revolution for internet video.
The Zenith windscreen on the new Citroen C3, the French car maker’s latest model, with a huge glass screen that soars above the heads of front occupants offers high levels of visibility.
Citroen and the Eiffel Tower enjoyed a historic partnership for almost 10 years between 1925 and 1934, when Andre Citroen had the company’s name displayed in lights on the iconic structure.
A total of 250,000 light bulbs and 600 kilometres of electric flex were used to make the 30 metre high letters.
The display was recorded in the Guinness Book of Records as the world’s largest advertising sign.
The illuminations were so bright that Charles Lindbergh used the tower as beacon when coming into land after his solo flight across the Atlantic.
View the latest 2013 CITROEN C3 Deals