SKODA YETI NEWS
- Porsche tops Which? Car Survey top brand list
- New Mazda MX-5 crowned ‘most reliable new sportscar’ by Which?
- New Ford Transit Custom wins What Van? Top award
- New BMW 320d EfficientDynamics Saloon wins What Car? Green Car of the Year 2012
- New Mazda MX-5 crowned Britain’s most reliable car by What Car?
- SEAT launches Click&Go service for car accessories
- BMW i, Schneider Electric partner to provide home charging installation service
- FISITA celebrates braking technology excellence at EuroBrake 2013
- Jaguar Gallery inaugurated in Coventry
- Jaguar wins women’s heart in Auto Express Driver Survey
- Suzuki announces record growth, eyes fleet sales
Thousands of people across the UK followed the trail of the Yeti as part of its launch marketing campaign this summer but it was Yeti spotter Marie Hitchen who drove away in the Czech brand’s new family crossover vehicle.
Hitchen, a foster carer from Brownhills, Staffordshire, won the prize draw that Skoda ran via the www.yetispotting.com website in conjunction with Heart FM and Real Radio and recently collected her new car from Skoda Auto Sales in Cannock.
As she picked up the new Skoda Yeti, Hitchen said: “I’m over the moon. This brand new Skoda has come at a much needed time. I love it. As I’m a foster carer, I’ll need that space in the back to ferry the children about but my first big trip is to go to North Wales to visit my daughter.”
Hitchen, whose previous car is 15 years old, successfully tracked down the new Skoda Yeti at Birmingham’s Bullring Shopping Centre and was one of thousands of entrants who took part in the yetispotting.com competition across the UK.
Head of marketing for Skoda, Mary Newcombe, said: “This is great news. We’re really happy that the Yeti has been won by Mrs. Hitchen, who does such a valuable job with children. The Yeti is an ideal car for anyone with a family so I’m sure that she will get a lot of pleasure driving it.”
The giveaway of the new Skoda was the climax of over six weeks of random acts of Yeti-ness that saw the furry Yeti beast travelling the country with his adventures uploaded to www.facebook.com/yetispotting and www.yetispotting.com.
Starting at £13,775, the new SkodaYeti is the newest addition to the growing range of Skoda vehicles.
It combines the rugged strengths of a traditional 4x4 with the practicality and running costs of a hatchback and is available in front-wheel or four-wheel drive and in a choice of five diesel or petrol engines and four trim levels.
Equipment levels in the model include electric front windows and CD player, air conditioning, six airbags and Skoda’s Varioflex seating standard.
View the latest 2013 SKODA YETI Deals