ALFA ROMEO NEWS
- New Ford Transit Custom wins What Van? Top award
- New BMW 320d EfficientDynamics Saloon wins What Car? Green Car of the Year 2012
- New Mazda MX-5 crowned Britain’s most reliable car by What Car?
- Kia wins Which? best car manufacturer crown
- New Suzuki Swift Sport wins What Car? ‘Best Buy’ award
- New Nissan Leaf charges though 10,000 European sales milestone
- Princess Diana’s Audi Quattro ready for auction
- New Audi models search out local fuel savings
- New BMW 3 Series range – a range hard to beat
- New Mazda6 takes the ‘Best Upper Medium’ prize at Fleet News Awards
- New Ford Focus ST rated Europe's top-selling hot hatch
The new Alfa Romeo 8C Spider has been officially named as the Most Beautiful Car of the Year by Top Gear magazine.
Judged by a Top Gear panel consisting of TV, magazine and online teams spanning 24 international editions the awards recognise the most innovative and exciting cars to be launched over the past 12 months.
Described as ‘perfection’ by Top Gear, the new Alfa Romeo 8C Spider carried a responsive 4.7litre V8 engine producing 450BHP channelled through a sophisticated 6-speed F1-style paddle shift gearbox to the rear wheels to enable 0-62mph in just 4.5 seconds, and on to a top speed of 181mph.
UK brand communications manager, Damien Dally, said: “There’s no doubt that the 8C Spider is a sensational supercar but to have the recognition of the Top Gear panel is a perfect way to end the year.”
Limited to a production run of 500 units, 35 new Alfa Romeo 8C Spiders have been earmarked for UK with a price tag of around £174,000.
View the latest 2013 ALFA ROMEO Deals