FORD FOCUS NEWS
- Porsche tops Which? Car Survey top brand list
- New Mazda MX-5 crowned ‘most reliable new sportscar’ by Which?
- New Ford Transit Custom wins What Van? Top award
- New BMW 320d EfficientDynamics Saloon wins What Car? Green Car of the Year 2012
- New Mazda MX-5 crowned Britain’s most reliable car by What Car?
- SEAT launches Click&Go service for car accessories
- BMW i, Schneider Electric partner to provide home charging installation service
- FISITA celebrates braking technology excellence at EuroBrake 2013
- Jaguar Gallery inaugurated in Coventry
- Jaguar wins women’s heart in Auto Express Driver Survey
- Suzuki announces record growth, eyes fleet sales
Despite the company being rocked by financial issues in the past ten years, Ford has remained a top motoring brand, with two of its other cars, the Ford Fiesta and Ford Mondeo, also coming high in the list of most loved cars by the British public.
The Auto Trader poll, designed to analyse the key motoring trends over the past ten years, looked at categories including ‘greenest’ car and ‘beyond your wildest dreams’ car as well as top motoring personalities and popular car accessories.
Sat-nav topped the list of optional ‘extras’ that most symbolised the noughties. Although alloy wheels and sound systems still epitomise the boy racer of many a man’s youth, the inclusion of TV screens and iPod docks in the list is a sure sign that technology has allowed cars to come a long way in the past ten years.
The Bugatti Veyron, of which only 200 models were made and are now owned by the likes of Jenson Button and Simon Cowell, topped the list of both the ‘beyond your wildest dreams’ and ‘most overpriced’ car categories.
David Beckham’s beloved Rolls Royce Phantom takes second place with Jay Kay’s Ferrari Enzo lagging in fifth. Perhaps unsurprisingly, Jeremy Clarkson was considered the decade’s best motoring personality, ahead of racing legends Michael Schumacher and Lewis Hamilton.
Matt Thompson, marketing director, Auto Trader, said: “From the emergence of eco-friendly cars as a viable option for consumers to the replacement of maps and asking for directions with in-car sat nav, the noughties have provided some interesting changes to the way consumers think about and drive their cars.”
View the latest 2015 FORD FOCUS Deals