FORD FOCUS NEWS
- New Ford Transit Custom wins What Van? Top award
- New BMW 320d EfficientDynamics Saloon wins What Car? Green Car of the Year 2012
- New Mazda MX-5 crowned Britain’s most reliable car by What Car?
- Kia wins Which? best car manufacturer crown
- New Suzuki Swift Sport wins What Car? ‘Best Buy’ award
- Guangqi Honda introduces new engine plant
- Aston Martin completes Investindustrial partnership
- Infiniti first-ever showroom opens in Hong Kong
- Sir Chris Hoy presents bursaries to new British sporting talent
- Five million 1.3 MultiJet engines produced
- Vauxhall introduces new finance package to lure customers
As Ford of Britain enters its 99th year the company's historical fleet is celebrating its own milestone, one of securing its 100th vehicle.
The new Ford Focus RS, launched to critical acclaim during 2009, is the latest addition to the Essex-based Ford Heritage Collection.
The new Ford Focus RS will join such icons as the original 1970 London to Mexico winning Escort, one of only seven GT70 cars ever built and Sir Jackie Stewart's 1970 March 701, in which he won the Spanish grand prix.
The Collection also includes many fine examples of standard road cars.
The Ford Heritage Collection, used regularly by media and Ford dealers, has seen a busy 2009.
Several of the vehicles were on display in May as the Ford Dagenham estate celebrated its 80th anniversary, and guests were able to drive a Model AA truck similar to the first vehicle driven off the line at Dagenham in 1931.
During the summer, heritage vehicles added to the appeal of classic motor racing with two original GT40 models acting as course cars at the Goodwood Revival.
The 40th anniversary of the Capri saw renewed interest in the Collection's three Capris, including a rare Ferguson four-wheel drive, 3.0-litre V6, automatic.
As the motorsport season drew to a close WRC driver Mikko Hirvonen took a well deserved rest by visiting the Collection's workshop at Dagenham and enjoying a driving lesson in a 1915 Model T.
Looking forward to 2010 and anniversaries for the Escort Mexico, Escort XR3i and Cortina Mk III, heritage fleet administrator, John Nevill, said: "We are very proud that this is a working collection and look forward to making full use of its 100th vehicle, the Ford Focus RS, next year.
"The new Ford Focus RS joins some very special cars and proves you're never too young to be a classic."
Pictured: New Ford Focus RS at 2009 Goodwood Festival of Speed, flanked by Ford Focus RS Mk 1 and Ford Escort RS Cosworth.
View the latest 2013 FORD FOCUS Deals