CITROEN C3 NEWS
- Porsche tops Which? Car Survey top brand list
- New Mazda MX-5 crowned ‘most reliable new sportscar’ by Which?
- New Ford Transit Custom wins What Van? Top award
- New BMW 320d EfficientDynamics Saloon wins What Car? Green Car of the Year 2012
- New Mazda MX-5 crowned Britain’s most reliable car by What Car?
- New chargepoints for electric cars across UK introduced
- Nissan Leaf is first fully electric vehicle to join motability scheme
- New range extended being developed for electric vehicles
- Nissan, Ecotricity set to expand charging network
- Renault-Nissan sells 100,000th zero-emission car
- New Ford Transit Connect - delivering best-in-class fuel efficiency
The car on the road is now available with a new Euro 5 HDi 110 engine and 6-speed transmission alongside the addition of a Connecting Box (USB and Bluetooth connectivity) as standard specification on VTR+ and Exclusive trim levels. Citroen has also introduced a new limited edition to the MPV’s line-up - the C3 Picasso BLACKCHERRY.
The new Citroen C3 Picasso BLACKCHERRY is based on the VTR+ model and powered by a 1.6HDi 90hp engine.
With cherry red and glossy black exterior and interior detailing, the model comes with a premium black metallic body colour, roof bars and dynamic 17” cherry red diamond-tipped alloy wheels. Its standard equipment includes air-conditioning, cruise control with speed limiter, Connecting Box (USB socket & Bluetooth® system), electrically adjustable door mirrors and front electric windows.
With the introduction of Citroen’s new Euro 5 1.6HDi 110hp engine, the new Citroen C3 Picasso aspires to among the most environmentally-conscious MPVs on the road today. The car’s fuel economy is under 59mpg over a combined cycle with CO2 emissions down 5g/km on the Euro 4 unit to just 125g/km.
The new Citroen C3 Picasso range now has a full Euro 5 compliant engine line-up with all HDi models qualify for free VED in the first year. The petrol 1.4 VTi 95hp VT and the 1.6HDi 90hp VT have been re-homologated.
The combined cycle fuel economy increases from 42.8mpg to 44.1mpg and 60.1mpg to 61.4mpg respectively.
Alongside this, the CO2 emissions are down 4g/km on both models, resulting in reduced BIK tax rates(down 2 bands). The VED also reduces for both models, from band G to F and band D to C respectively.
Also, Citroën’s Connecting Box will be fitted as standard from the VTR+ trim level. The smart system offers a USB socket for connecting MP3 players to the audio system and a Bluetooth connection for hands-free calls and allowing users to stream music wirelessly from Bluetooth-enabled devices.
View the latest 2014 CITROEN C3 Deals