FORD FOCUS NEWS
- Porsche tops Which? Car Survey top brand list
- New Mazda MX-5 crowned ‘most reliable new sportscar’ by Which?
- New Ford Transit Custom wins What Van? Top award
- New BMW 320d EfficientDynamics Saloon wins What Car? Green Car of the Year 2012
- New Mazda MX-5 crowned Britain’s most reliable car by What Car?
- New chargepoints for electric cars across UK introduced
- Nissan Leaf is first fully electric vehicle to join motability scheme
- New range extended being developed for electric vehicles
- Nissan, Ecotricity set to expand charging network
- Renault-Nissan sells 100,000th zero-emission car
- New Ford Transit Connect - delivering best-in-class fuel efficiency
Since then, shipments have averaged 1,000 vehicles a day, but are expected to increase to a daily total of 1,450 later this month.
The majority of the first production run of the new Ford Focus – all five-door models – are destined for UK dealerships in time for the market's March registration plate change, which produces one of the largest sales months of the year in Europe. Over 70% of the cars being shipped to the UK are high-series Titanium models.
Horst Ritze, Ford's Material Planning and Logistics manager, said: "Now that the first all-new Focus models have left the Saarlouis plant on schedule and with the highest levels of quality, deliveries to the wider European market will soar. We currently have 12,000 cars in the pipeline for release to markets across Europe."
Roelant de Waard, European Vice President, Marketing, Sales and Service, said: "We are seeing very strong demand building up for the new Focus.
"It's a great looking car loaded with a host of advanced technologies such as Low Speed Safety, which reduces the risk of low-speed collisions; Lane Keeping Aid to stop drifting across lanes, and Active Park Assist – which makes parallel parking a breeze."
"Add to this outstanding driving dynamics and impressive fuel economy delivered by our new range of EcoBoost petrol engines and our Duratorq advanced diesel engines, and you have a car that we believe is unbeatable in its segment and that will appeal to existing and new Ford customers right across Europe."
Philip Maskell, Chairman and Managing Director, Essex Ford dealership group, said: "You can tell immediately you drive it, that this takes Focus to a new level.
"Ford has taken all of its key models to best-in-class, which is really exciting for us. The technology in the new Focus is sensational and the car is a big leap forward."
The new Ford Focus was designed In Europe for a world market and will be sold in 120 markets around the world.
In addition to Saarlouis, the model is also currently in production in Michigan, USA. Production commences in Ford’s St. Petersburg plant in Russia later this year.
View the latest 2014 FORD FOCUS Deals