VAUXHALL INSIGNIA NEWS
- Porsche tops Which? Car Survey top brand list
- New Mazda MX-5 crowned ‘most reliable new sportscar’ by Which?
- New Ford Transit Custom wins What Van? Top award
- New BMW 320d EfficientDynamics Saloon wins What Car? Green Car of the Year 2012
- New Mazda MX-5 crowned Britain’s most reliable car by What Car?
- SEAT launches Click&Go service for car accessories
- BMW i, Schneider Electric partner to provide home charging installation service
- FISITA celebrates braking technology excellence at EuroBrake 2013
- Jaguar Gallery inaugurated in Coventry
- Jaguar wins women’s heart in Auto Express Driver Survey
- Suzuki announces record growth, eyes fleet sales
Vauxhall’s Special Vehicles Operation team has been developing SVA with the Association of Chief Police Officers Intelligent Transportations Systems Working Group (ACPO ITS).
The production of the demonstration new Vauhxall Insignia is expected to represent a major leap forward in the simplification of equipping police vehicles.
SVA provides a standardised specification to which all manufacturers and suppliers can adhere thereby allowing them to produce common wiring for equipment and connection points in emergency vehicles. It will also enable plug and play of electronics, reducing the time needed for equipping and decommissioning police vehicles.
Dick Ellam, Manager Vehicle Conversions, Vauxhall, said: “For police vehicles, Single Vehicle Architecture will be hugely significant.
“The UK has some of the most advanced police vehicles in the world; with features such as automatic number plate recognition and detailed data recording instruments.
“This has meant that installing these systems in cars was extremely difficult, and each car has until now needed to be installed in a different way depending on the needs of each individual police force. Single Vehicle Architecture will eliminate this complexity.”
HOSDB is the UK's only secure event for displaying the latest security equipment for law enforcement and public security. The exhibition took place from 22-24 March.
View the latest 2014 VAUXHALL INSIGNIA Deals