FORD FOCUS NEWS
- Porsche tops Which? Car Survey top brand list
- New Mazda MX-5 crowned ‘most reliable new sportscar’ by Which?
- New Ford Transit Custom wins What Van? Top award
- New BMW 320d EfficientDynamics Saloon wins What Car? Green Car of the Year 2012
- New Mazda MX-5 crowned Britain’s most reliable car by What Car?
- SEAT launches Click&Go service for car accessories
- BMW i, Schneider Electric partner to provide home charging installation service
- FISITA celebrates braking technology excellence at EuroBrake 2013
- Jaguar Gallery inaugurated in Coventry
- Jaguar wins women’s heart in Auto Express Driver Survey
- Suzuki announces record growth, eyes fleet sales
By using an owners’ existing USB modem or Smartphone, the SYNC-equipped new Ford Focus will be able to deliver a secure wireless connection that can be broadcast throughout the vehicle.
Passengers with any WiFi-enabled device can then easily connect and access the internet. All this allows for simple, easy to use WiFi connectivity on the move for up to five devices.
Using SYNC’s far reaching connectivity potential, Ford will offer individuals and families a level of in-car internet access that was until recently only available to the owners of considerably more expensive vehicles.
The increasing availability and popularity of WiFi compatible devices means that, as long as there is a data connection brought into the car, Ford passengers will be able to stay in contact with friends, keep abreast of the news and even play the latest games on the move and at all times.
Chief Engineer for electronic and electrical systems Christof Kellerwessel said: “Ford is an automaker that is quickly becoming a personal technology company as well. We are finding that Ford customers are tech savvy and – while travelling as passengers in cars – they want to be able to use their WiFi enabled devices while on the move.
“A reliable in-car internet connectionis therefore extremely important to them, and that’s exactly what SYNC will offer when it makes its UK debut on the Ford Focus in 2012. SYNCwith MyFord Touch will offer rolling connectivity to Ford customers and everyone in a SYNC-equipped car can benefit at no additional expense.”
View the latest 2014 FORD FOCUS Deals