VAUXHALL MOVANO NEWS
- Lower Regional Car Servicing Costs a Myth?
- Porsche tops Which? Car Survey top brand list
- New Mazda MX-5 crowned ‘most reliable new sportscar’ by Which?
- New Ford Transit Custom wins What Van? Top award
- New BMW 320d EfficientDynamics Saloon wins What Car? Green Car of the Year 2012
- New chargepoints for electric cars across UK introduced
- Nissan Leaf is first fully electric vehicle to join motability scheme
- New range extended being developed for electric vehicles
- Nissan, Ecotricity set to expand charging network
- Renault-Nissan sells 100,000th zero-emission car
- New Ford Transit Connect - delivering best-in-class fuel efficiency
British Gas and Vauxhall signed a fleet deal agreement for 140 new Vauxhall Movano vans. The bespoke platform cab Movano vans join the UK energy supplier’s 10,500 fleet.
The new Vauxhall Movano fleet is powered by a 2.3-litre 125ps engine and specified from factory with L3 long wheelbase to accommodate the energy provider’s specialised equipment demands. Each vehicle is painted in the Sky Blue of British Gas.
The specialist bodywork was done by Vauxhall-approved converter Trucksmith and features a low-floor polycarbonate Luton body with a single three-dimensional air management system above the cabin for improved aerodynamics and fuel consumption.
The bodystyle, called KneeHi, additionally comes with a high-grip rubber coating to make entry and exit into the vehicle easier and safer for British Gas engineers.
Colin Marriott, General Fleet Manager at British Gas Centrica, said: “We chose the Movano because it’s one of the most fuel-efficient and reliable light commercial vehicles around. The environment in which they operate is not only specialised but demanding too, and we needed a vehicle that would carry and accommodate the load without any trouble.
“Of all the other makes and models that we looked at, the Movano best met all of our requirements. We chose the L3 wheel based body style to give sufficient load volume and payload as well as allowing low access. We were also impressed with the Movano’s interior, which provides plenty of internal storage space for our engineers and is comfortable too.”
Richard Collier, Vauxhall's National Commercial Vehicles Sales Manager, said: “It is fantastic to see one British brand partner with another prominent British brand, and we at Vauxhall are very much looking forward to partnering British Gas.”
The 140 new Vauxhall Movano customised vehicles have been ordered on a five-year operating lease to accommodate new business growth and will be used specifically for the company’s growing loft and cavity wall insulation business.
View the latest 2015 VAUXHALL MOVANO Deals