VAUXHALL ASTRA NEWS
- Lower Regional Car Servicing Costs a Myth?
- Porsche tops Which? Car Survey top brand list
- New Mazda MX-5 crowned ‘most reliable new sportscar’ by Which?
- New Ford Transit Custom wins What Van? Top award
- New BMW 320d EfficientDynamics Saloon wins What Car? Green Car of the Year 2012
- New chargepoints for electric cars across UK introduced
- Nissan Leaf is first fully electric vehicle to join motability scheme
- New range extended being developed for electric vehicles
- Nissan, Ecotricity set to expand charging network
- Renault-Nissan sells 100,000th zero-emission car
- New Ford Transit Connect - delivering best-in-class fuel efficiency
The new Vauxhall Astra Sports Tourer 1.7 CDTi (125PS) SE ecoFLEX scooped the Green Award at the prestigious Practical Caravan Towcar of the Year awards 2011.
The judges said: “The new Vauxhall Astra Sports Tourer impressed everyone who drove it. In spite of having just 123bhp to call on, it took a respectable 19.2 seconds to tow from 30-60mph. The Astra Sports Tourer is an excellent small estate with impressive economy and low emissions.”
Backed by What Car? magazine, the Practical Caravan awards and The Camping and Caravanning Club are said to be based on a vigorous and thorough towcar assessment. Each car is tested by a panel of six judges for its towing ability, buying and owning costs, drive quality when not towing and practicality.
Peter Hope, Vauxhall’s marketing director, said: “We are delighted to win the Green Award at the Towcar Awards 2010. The Towcar of the Year awards are an industry standard and by far the most prestigious event in the caravanning calendar.”
The British-built new Astra Sports Tourer is built exclusively at Vauxhall’s Ellesmere Port plant for all European markets. High demand has recently seen the facility laying on additional shifts to keep up with orders, with over 57,000 rolling off the production line so far in 2011. The Astra Sports Tourer is comfortably top of its segment with sales of 4,468 cars year-to-date, trouncing its nearest rival by over 2,000 units.
Pictured: New Vauxhall Astra Sports Tourer 1.7 CDTi (125PS) SE ecoFLEX.
View the latest 2015 VAUXHALL ASTRA Deals