VAUXHALL ASTRA NEWS
- New Ford Transit Custom wins What Van? Top award
- New BMW 320d EfficientDynamics Saloon wins What Car? Green Car of the Year 2012
- New Mazda MX-5 crowned Britain’s most reliable car by What Car?
- Kia wins Which? best car manufacturer crown
- New Suzuki Swift Sport wins What Car? ‘Best Buy’ award
- New smart fortwo BoConcept signature style – get ready to be seen in one
- New Mercedes-Benz Sprinter: setting new benchmark in efficiency
- New Volkswagen Golf BlueMotion: get more out of driving
- New Volvo V60 – Britain’s best-kept secret now out
- The new Volkswagen Golf is Europe's Car of the Year
- Toyota provides hybrid boost to Surrey’s Climate Week programme
The new Vauxhall Astra Sports Tourer 1.7 CDTi (125PS) SE ecoFLEX scooped the Green Award at the prestigious Practical Caravan Towcar of the Year awards 2011.
The judges said: “The new Vauxhall Astra Sports Tourer impressed everyone who drove it. In spite of having just 123bhp to call on, it took a respectable 19.2 seconds to tow from 30-60mph. The Astra Sports Tourer is an excellent small estate with impressive economy and low emissions.”
Backed by What Car? magazine, the Practical Caravan awards and The Camping and Caravanning Club are said to be based on a vigorous and thorough towcar assessment. Each car is tested by a panel of six judges for its towing ability, buying and owning costs, drive quality when not towing and practicality.
Peter Hope, Vauxhall’s marketing director, said: “We are delighted to win the Green Award at the Towcar Awards 2010. The Towcar of the Year awards are an industry standard and by far the most prestigious event in the caravanning calendar.”
The British-built new Astra Sports Tourer is built exclusively at Vauxhall’s Ellesmere Port plant for all European markets. High demand has recently seen the facility laying on additional shifts to keep up with orders, with over 57,000 rolling off the production line so far in 2011. The Astra Sports Tourer is comfortably top of its segment with sales of 4,468 cars year-to-date, trouncing its nearest rival by over 2,000 units.
Pictured: New Vauxhall Astra Sports Tourer 1.7 CDTi (125PS) SE ecoFLEX.
View the latest 2013 VAUXHALL ASTRA Deals