VAUXHALL CORSA NEWS
- New Ford Transit Custom wins What Van? Top award
- New BMW 320d EfficientDynamics Saloon wins What Car? Green Car of the Year 2012
- New Mazda MX-5 crowned Britain’s most reliable car by What Car?
- Kia wins Which? best car manufacturer crown
- New Suzuki Swift Sport wins What Car? ‘Best Buy’ award
- New smart fortwo BoConcept signature style – get ready to be seen in one
- New Mercedes-Benz Sprinter: setting new benchmark in efficiency
- New Volkswagen Golf BlueMotion: get more out of driving
- New Volvo V60 – Britain’s best-kept secret now out
- The new Volkswagen Golf is Europe's Car of the Year
- Toyota provides hybrid boost to Surrey’s Climate Week programme
The new Vauxhall Corsa VXR Nürburgring Edition is now available in UK showrooms this month.
The new Vauxhall Corsa VXR Nürburgring Edition is a re-worked version of the Corsa VXR’s existing 1.6-litre turbocharged engine producing an estimated 205PS at 5,750rpm (up from 192PS) and 250-280Nm of torque (up from 230-266Nm). It has a modified engine management and turbocharger system, sports exhaust with reduced back pressure and the ability to run on 98-octane fuel contributing to the rise in power.
The new Vauxhall Corsa VXR Nürburgring Edition has been fitted it with a mechanical, multi-plate limited-slip differential to ensure the car’s 205PS is kept in check and it is provided with optimum traction at all times.
However, according to Vauxhall, the best thing about the new Vauxhall Corsa VXR Nürburgring Edition is its chassis, which received its final sign-off at the Nürburgring’s Nordschleife, or North Loop.
Vauxhall commissioned Bilstein to develop bespoke spring and damper units for the new model, allowing drivers an even higher degree of control and involvement. A visual clue of this work is a ride height which is reduced by 20mm at the front and 15mm at the rear.
The effect of the upgrades is expected to the car a degree of chassis balance and composure – as well as sheer grip – almost unheard of in its class.
The Corsa VXR Nürburgring Edition is on sale now, priced at £22,295.
View the latest 2013 VAUXHALL CORSA Deals