LEXUS GS NEWS
- Porsche tops Which? Car Survey top brand list
- New Mazda MX-5 crowned ‘most reliable new sportscar’ by Which?
- New Ford Transit Custom wins What Van? Top award
- New BMW 320d EfficientDynamics Saloon wins What Car? Green Car of the Year 2012
- New Mazda MX-5 crowned Britain’s most reliable car by What Car?
New Cars for 2012
- New Fiat Fiorino wins Fleet Van Awards city van accolade
- New Vauxhall Mokka gets five star Euro NCAP treatment
- New Jaguar F-Type – an inspiring act
- New Nissan Leaf sets record for largest electric vehicle parade
- New Honda micro electric vehicle brightens horizon
- New Renault Twizy crowned Stuff tech transport car
Powered by a 2.5-litre V6 petrol engine with D-4S direct port injection and Dual VVT-i intelligent valve timing, the new Lexus GS 250’s maximum output is 206bhp at 6,400rpm.
It has a peak torque of 253Nm delivered at 4,800rpm, giving it nought to 62mph acceleration in 8.6 seconds and a top speed of 142mph, the company announced. Its combined cycle fuel consumption is 31.7mpg with CO2 emissions of 207g/km.
The engine is matched to Lexus’s Super ECT-i close-ratio intelligent six-speed automatic transmission, with a sequential manual shift function.
Lexus said that the system has been engineered to deliver faster shift speeds, earlier torque converter lock-up and downshift throttle blips, complimenting a range of different drive modes available through the GS 250’s Drive Mode Select System.
Compared the current GS, the new model will have a more spacious interior, with more head and legroom for rear seat passengers. It will be offered with a range of new technology features, including a 12.3-inch multimedia screen – the largest on the market. It will be available with a new S-flow air conditioning system with nanoe air purifying technology, and a new Mark Levinson audio system with up to 17 speakers.
The new Lexus GS 250 will be launched in the UK at the same time as the full hybrid GS 450h in June 2012; the range will include a performance-themed F Sport version. Further details will be announced nearer the time of launch.
View the latest 2013 LEXUS GS Deals