- New Ford Transit Custom wins What Van? Top award
- New BMW 320d EfficientDynamics Saloon wins What Car? Green Car of the Year 2012
- New Mazda MX-5 crowned Britain’s most reliable car by What Car?
- Kia wins Which? best car manufacturer crown
- New Suzuki Swift Sport wins What Car? ‘Best Buy’ award
- New Nissan Leaf charges though 10,000 European sales milestone
- Princess Diana’s Audi Quattro ready for auction
- New Audi models search out local fuel savings
- New BMW 3 Series range – a range hard to beat
- New Mazda6 takes the ‘Best Upper Medium’ prize at Fleet News Awards
- New Ford Focus ST rated Europe's top-selling hot hatch
The new Lexus LF-LC Hybrid Sport Coupe Concept won the annual EyesOn Design Award for best concept at the Detroit motor show (NAIAS).
Lexus said it was an ‘excellent reward for the team at Lexus’s Calty studio in California, which created the 2+2 coupe’.
It said the team aimed to explore the future redefinition of Lexus design with the new Lexus LF-LC Hybrid Sport Coupe Concept.
Elements of the new Lexus design language introduced in the new GS 450h are the strong interpretation of the “spindle” grille shape and the rear architecture, the company elaborated.
Kevin Hunter, Calty President, said: “The LF-LC was a dream car to design and a true collaborative effort at Calty. It is an honour to have that work recognised by our peers and to receive the award.”
Mark Templin, Lexus US Group Vice President and General Manager, said: “The new Lexus LF-LC Hybrid Sport Coupe Concept is a striking design and breathtaking in its beauty. The team at Lexus quickly fell in love with this concept vehicle and it’s rewarding to see that the industry agreed.
“Receiving the EyesOn Design Award is a great start to what promises to be a fantastic year for Lexus.”
The EyesOn Design Awards are judged by a group of world leading automotive designers and design academics, and are given in recognition of skills and creativity in different areas of design for both concept and production vehicles, including Aesthetics and Innovation, Concept Implementation, Functionailty and the Spirit of Industrial Design.
View the latest 2013 LEXUS Deals