SUBARU FORESTER NEWS
- Porsche tops Which? Car Survey top brand list
- New Mazda MX-5 crowned ‘most reliable new sportscar’ by Which?
- New Ford Transit Custom wins What Van? Top award
- New BMW 320d EfficientDynamics Saloon wins What Car? Green Car of the Year 2012
- New Mazda MX-5 crowned Britain’s most reliable car by What Car?
New Cars for 2008
- New Jaguar XF helps maker record annual sales boost in 2008
- New Audi A3 Black Edition – raring to go
- New Ford Fiesta - surge in fortune
- TV show names new Kia pro_cee’d as Car of the Year 2008
- New performance options available for Aston Martin 4.3 litre V8 Vantage
- New Nissan GT-R – all set for Europe
The new Subaru Forester is Subaru’s third generation of crossover SUVs and is based on the platform of the new Impreza.
The new Subaru Forester features a new multi-link rear suspension, fuel-saving electric power steering, standard Subaru Vehicle Dynamics Control, self-levelling rear suspension, engine efficiency improvements and a revised automatic transmission offering ‘normal’, ‘sports’ or ‘manual’ mode.
Now closer in size to its less agile SUV competitors, the new Subaru Forester enjoys better fuel economy and driveability thanks to an improved 2.0 litre petrol ‘boxer’ engine which – having its cylinders horizontally-opposed – gives the car a lower centre of gravity for improved grip, reduced body roll and more precise steering response.
The new Subaru Forester 2.0X and 2.0XS petrol models will be available from April costing £17,995 and £21,895 on-the-road respectively in manual form. Expected to be the bigger sellers, automatic versions add a £1,000 premium.
Launched in Japan on December 25 last year, the completely new Subaru Forester found 4,285 customers in the first 30-plus days of going on sale – 2,000 more then expected – while January registrations were 136% up on the previous year.
View the latest 2014 SUBARU FORESTER Deals