(VIEW ALL FIAT IMAGES)
View New FIAT GRANDE PUNTO VAN prices, View FIAT GRANDE PUNTO VAN news, View FIAT GRANDE PUNTO VAN price research.
Advantages: Economic to run, very stylish, user-friendly in town
Disadvantages: Only one engine available, not as valuable as its rivals, low quality of hard plastics
New FIAT GRANDE PUNTO Review:
The new Fiat Grande Punto is a very practical van, particularly for light use.
Fiat has added extra versatility to the modelís sporty style and hatchback handling to make it a very pleasant proposition for small businesses.
You have to agree that it is one of the best-looking small vans on sale, with the additional attraction of low running costs that add to its charm.
A comfortable driving position is very quick and easy to find. Indeed, the steering wheel is high and well adjustable, and besides, the driverís seat can be elevated.
Passengers of all sizes would feel fine in the Grande Punto due to the plenty of legroom inside.
The centre stack aims to be simple and practical, but the drawback is the hard plastics, which appear very cheap.
The steering wheel-mounted audio controls permit the drivers not to get distracted from keeping their eyes on the road with a very useful quick mute function also available on hand to cut the volume.
The vanís all-round visibility is very good, even when fully loaded. It makes the Grande Punto very easy to park and drive around town. There is nevertheless the reverse parking sensor as an optional extra.
Unfortunately, thereís only one engine available for this car. It is the efficient and frugal 75bhp 1.3-litre diesel unit shared with other cars in Fiatís line-up.
This small engine allows reaching 62mph in 13.6 seconds, and would be more than enough to drive in towns.
In addition, the well-spaced gearbox, the reduced lock-to-lock direction, and the light, well-assisted steering prove a great help when driving around town. City driving in particular suits very well to this van, but you can hear the engine turn noisy when running on A-roads.
The103mph top speed seems also to be hard to achieve and it needs encouragement to achieve and maintain on motorway speeds.
The Grande Punto van can accommodate fair-sized loads and a payload of up to 520kg, with a cargo capacity of one cubic metre. Four anchor points and a non-slip lining help prevent materials from sliding around during the transport. The loading lip is low enough to lug heavy items in and out of the boot.
The Grande Punto van has obtained a maximum five stars in crash test confirming it excellent level of safety with all models getting an ABS with electronic brake distribution, two front airbags, anti-whiplash head restraints and anti-submarine seats.
To finish with, standard remote central locking and an anti-theft alarm take care of security, while rear privacy glass and an optional load compartment cover stop prying eyes.
The Grande Punto Van is an very good cost-effective choice for small business owners. Impressively, it returns almost 63mpg, making it one of the most frugal small vans on sale.
It is also cheap to buy from new with all new models backed up by Fiatís three-year warranty. However, its depreciation is worse than rivals, so buyers could find their happiness in a second-hand model.
Traditionally, those buyers in need of a trusty workhorse may have been deterred by Puntoís patchy reliability record.
Fortunately, the new generation seems to be better built and mechanically more robust. Interior plastics could be a little bit more attractive but, overall, Grande Punto Van is a very good choice for small business.
How do we get our New FIAT GRANDE-PUNTO deals?
Cheap new 2014 FIAT GRANDE-PUNTO cars for sale through AutoeBid
Reasons for being much cheaper than your local dealer:
- We don't charge FIAT GRANDE-PUNTO suppliers a fee to sell through our service. Meaning they incur no direct costs in selling a vehicle through AutoeBid. As such, the standard costs of advertising, marketing and administrating the sale are taken out of the equation.
- All FIAT GRANDE-PUNTO orders are live on our website so that suppliers can compete between one another to win your business by giving you the best quote. Their fierce competition for your business forces their price down, giving you the ultimate advantage of getting your price at your rates.
- Suppliers are also able to sell vehicles nationally through AutoeBid, which potentially allows them to sell large numbers of cars through our website. As a mark of their appreciation, they are able to provide for much larger discounts if they are able to sell large volumes of vehicles.
- Similarly through our Group Buying Scheme, we group together buyers in order to maximise our buying power.
- Our extensive supply base allows us to approach the most competitive suppliers in the market on behalf of our buyers. We spend a lot of our time researching new suppliers and confirming their trading record and their ability to deliver.
- By continuously keeping in contact with our extensive potential supplier base, and maintaining a database of suppliers who register with us, we regularly update our Reserve Prices. Click here to view more information on the different types of supplier who you can buy from through AutoeBid.
- Through AutoeBid you are able to obtain any FIAT GRANDE-PUNTO Special Offers avaiable from FIAT in addition to the current discounts shown on our website. To find our how to obtain FIAT GRANDE-PUNTO Special Offers click here, you can also click here to view our general special offers.