ALFA ROMEO NEWS
- Porsche tops Which? Car Survey top brand list
- New Mazda MX-5 crowned ‘most reliable new sportscar’ by Which?
- New Ford Transit Custom wins What Van? Top award
- New BMW 320d EfficientDynamics Saloon wins What Car? Green Car of the Year 2012
- New Mazda MX-5 crowned Britain’s most reliable car by What Car?
- SEAT launches Click&Go service for car accessories
- BMW i, Schneider Electric partner to provide home charging installation service
- FISITA celebrates braking technology excellence at EuroBrake 2013
- Jaguar Gallery inaugurated in Coventry
- Jaguar wins women’s heart in Auto Express Driver Survey
- Suzuki announces record growth, eyes fleet sales
The Italian sports car manufacturer recorded a 148.5 per cent rise in 59 plate registrations for the month, to deliver nearly 2,000 new cars to UK customers.
These figures continue the Italian marque’s upward trend, with more than 7,135 new Alfa Romeos sold here in the year-to-date, up 40.4 per cent on the same period last year.
The Alfa MiTo – the marque’s new sporty compact model – leads the way with sales, supported by the Alfa 159, Brera and Spider which have all contributed positively to the brand’s success.
Alfa Romeo UK sales director, Andrew Sproston, said: “This is great news for all concerned. Our growth is in-line with the expectations and objectives we set out at the beginning of the year.
“The hard work and investment we have put into the restructure of this iconic brand is now starting to pay off, and has played a vital part in our improved sales.
“Across the board, Alfa Romeo is returning to its rightful position as a leading quality brand, and customers are taking note.
“Built up over the past few years, our new product range has been complemented by our improved dealer network, better training and servicing, and dedicated attention to customer care.”
Besides recording one of the largest month-to-date percentage increases in the UK market, Alfa Romeo also became one of only three manufacturers to record an overall rise in sales during 2009.
In September, Alfa Romeo’s market share was 0.54 per cent, more than double (125 per cent increase) its presence in the UK car market compared to September last year.
View the latest 2014 ALFA ROMEO Deals